Friday, December 24, 2010

Authenticity is a Journey

This week, I had the opportunity to give a talk on authenticity. Authenticity is an elusive topic and can be a slippery fish. I attempted not to define authenticity for the folks on the call, but to explain that much like love, we know authenticity by its fruits. Integrity, responsibility, transparency. These are often some of the clearest indicators that we or those around us are living authentically.

There are tons of books and videos on the topic, but I will share two resources here which may help you begin to unravel the topic.

First, a book: The Passion Test, written by Janet Bray Atwood and Chris Atwood. This book begins at the beginning by having you identify what your passions are and then build your life around them.

Second, a video: A talk by Richard St. John about success being a continuous journey. I like this because I think that authenticity is a journey as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment